We are now recruiting for the following position
Social Enterprise Business Manager
Cumann na Daoine (CnD) are now recruiting for the position of Social Enterprise Business Manager for our Community Café in Youghal. This is a full-time post (39-hour week) fixed term contract for the period of one year subject to funding.
The CnD Community Café opened in 2019. The focus of the enterprise is one of social inclusion – offering good quality food within a safe space where people can meet. We are now seeking a dynamic individual with the skills and competencies to develop the business and bring the Community Café forward to reach its full potential. If you have the blend of ambition and experience, we are interested in hearing from you.
- To become familiar with the Social Enterprise model underpinning the catering facility/restaurant.
- To maintain the opening and closing times of the Café.
- To conduct quarterly financial reviews and forecast targets for the business.
- To deliver the measures outlined in the Community Café five-year plan.
- To co-ordinate and plan rotas, timesheets and all other aspects of personnel management for the business and to keep records to a high standard.
- To liaise with the chefs re menu planning, ordering, costing etc.
- To be responsible for all financial systems, processes and procedures as they apply to the business.
- To maintain the Health and Safety requirements (including HACCP) within the premises relative to the Health and Safety guidelines.
- Work with relative key partners to develop the business.
- Make funding applications to relevant bodies and in line with the Community Café needs and requirements.
- To build the online audience for the Café through regular use of updates/forecasts/menus etc on social media.
- To work in the kitchen where required on busy days or for ‘cover’ when needed.
- To prepare and present quarterly reports for the Board and attend all meetings as required.
- To liaise with CnD internal staff re development projects/events booked into the Café.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of running a business preferably in the hospitality/food sector.
- Experience of kitchen management and cooking.
- A proven ability to manage a team and strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A track record of managing finances, understanding and preparing budgets and forecasts.
- An ability to reach deadlines.
- An understanding of social inclusion and community development.
- An interest in training and education.
- Some experience of community involvement.
- Experience of funding applications.
This is a full-time post (39-hour week) and the salary for the position is €36,000 per annum. The post is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development/Pobal (Government supporting communities)
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply for the position, please forward a C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
to reach us no later than 5pm, Monday 8th of January 2024.
Please write “Café Manager Vacancy” in the subject bar of the email.
Alternatively, send your CV and cover letter to:
Angela Glen, Community Development Co-Ordinator, Cumann na Daoine, Catherine Street, Youghal, Co Cork.
Details also available here: