Information here regarding the ACE Sanctuary Scholar scheme that is now up and running (see images below).
Courses are usually delivered on a part-time basis (typically evenings and weekends). A variety of in-person, online and blended courses are available (Please check course webpages for up-to-date delivery information).
Applicants must be:
(1) An international protection applicant, asylum seeker or a refugee who is not eligible for the state Free Fees scheme, SUSI grants and/or the state pilot support scheme (documentation of status will be required);*
(2) Meet the academic eligibility criteria for their chosen programme (including English language requirements);
(3) Living in the Republic of Ireland;
(4) Able to live in commuting distance to course delivery location during the course of their studies for courses not delivered wholly online.
*Please note that for the 22/23 cycle, applications are also welcomed from displaced Ukrainian citizens.
**As places are limited, first time Sanctuary Scholarship applicants will be prioritised, but if there are places available we will try to support progression for past scholarship holders
Applicants must do:
Before applying, potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with Programme Coordinator, Ann Marie Atkins. The application process involves the following steps:
- Applications must be submitted online through the chosen programme webpage. Please contact Ann Marie Atkins for the fee waiver code to be used at this stage.
- Applicants must submit a 300 word statement outlining why they wish to study the chosen programme at UCC. This should be uploaded as part of your online application.
- Applicants whose first language is not English may be required to complete a language check in order to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Applicants need to ask a minimum of one referee to write a reference to accompany the application. A maximum of three references are permitted. Referees can be a community leader or other person who can confirm your commitment as a part-time student, and your potential for independent study and reflective thinking. The reference(s) should be emailed by referee(s) to Annmarie.email@example.com 5pm, 27th August 2022.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit