CUMANN NA DAOINE – WOMEN’S GROUP
The Women’s Group meet weekly on Wednesday afternoons from 3pm to 5pm in Cumann na Daoine (except in the summer months of July and August) to chat and have a cup of tea. It’s a great way to meet people if you are new to Youghal.
Everyone is welcome!
Membership is currently €10.00 per year with a contribution of €2 every week towards tea and biscuits.
Chairperson: Peggie Biessmann
Assistant Chairperson: Margaret Arundel
Treasurer: Mary Hehir
Assistant Treasurer : Anne Galvin
Secretary: Theresa McSweeney
Assistant Secretary: Mary Daly
- First Wednesday of the month is our monthly meeting where we discuss what is happening for the month, plans, etc.
- Second Wednesday of the month is Relaxation and Chair Yoga with Marion Joy (we loved her course this year and hope to have her back this autumn)
- Third Wednesday of the month is Bingo with Grace
- Fourth Wednesday is Go for Life exercises with Eleanor and Nicki
- If there is a fifth Wednesday we usually play cards, board games, or just chat over a cup of tea.
- This year we had our Christmas lunch at the Rivergate in January (instead of December) because of the stormy weather.
- We visited the Piltown Thursday Club earlier this year and had a great afternoon with them.
- The Bealtaine Festival is one of the highlights of the year.
- Our summer outing is a dinner at the Ardmore Round Tower Hotel and The Priests concert afterwards.
- We hope to have our Christmas lunch in December this year.
Plenty more activities organised by the group so why not come along and make new friends.
THE WOMEN ARE NOW OFF FOR THE SUMMER
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE NEW FACES FOR THE WINTER TIME CONTACT BELOW OR firstname.lastname@example.org